Colintraive’s Heritage Booklet

The Church at Colintraive

For centuries, the parish church for the village was at Inverchaolain on the far side of Loch Striven To reach it often involved a wet and windy ferry journey across the Loch from Couston. A church serving Colintraive was needed and in 1840 the new building was opened.

Figure 40 : – Colintraive Church
(Source:- donor at Colintraive Heritage Centre)

This church is now linked with Kilmodan in Glendaruel and for now continues to play an active role in the life of the community.